The Star and Garter is a public house in Manchester, England with a room upstairs for club nights and gigs. It is situated on Fairfield Street behind Piccadilly railway station and has been a Grade II listed building since 20 June 1988.
According to both popular myth, legend and at least two long since out-of-print local history tomes, the Star and Garter was built in 1803 approximately 100 yards from its current position. When Store Street/Bank Top/London Road railway station (the original names of Manchester Piccadilly station) was expanded with the addition of the connecting line to Oxford Road station in 1849, the Star and Garter was moved, brick by brick, onto its current site and reopened in 1877. Originally built as a hotel, although it did brew its own beer as well, the Star and Garter has since been transformed into a pub and club venue, although due to its listed status there are still many restrictions on how the structure of the building can be altered.