The iconic Status Quo led by Francis Rossi OBE plus full Support will rock Kendal Rugby Club on late bank holiday Monday in an outdoor concert!
2018 sees something of a change of pace for the band who are taking a little time out and generally only performing at one-off gigs and festivals. Of course, STATUS QUO’s music is still much in demand across the world and even these limited live dates will see them take to stages in at least fourteen countries by the end of the year.
Incredible 'Quo facts from over the years!
* STATUS QUO’s total world-wide record sales exceed 118 million units!
* QUO have made 106 appearances on BBC TV’s ‘Top of the Pops’ - More than any other group.
* QUO have spent in excess of seven and a half years (415 weeks) in the British Singles Chart - the eleventh highest ever.
* QUO have had 43 hit albums (27 studio albums of new material, 11 compilations, 5 live albums) in the British Albums Chart; more than any other band apart from The Rolling Stones.
* In 1985 QUO opened Live Aid with the song which was to become the event’s anthem ‘Rockin’ All Over The World’.
* September 21st 1991 saw QUO enter the Guinness Book of Records when they played four British shows in 11 hours and 11 minutes. The ‘Rock ’Til You Drop’ event saw shows at Sheffield Arena, Glasgow SE&CC, Birmingham NEC and Wembley Arena.
* 1991 also saw QUO presented with the most prestigious award in British music when they were awarded the BRITS Award for ‘Outstanding Contribution To The British Music Industry’.
* QUO made it a double celebration later in 1991 when HSH Prince Albert of Monaco presented the band with the ‘Outstanding Contribution To The Rock Industry’ award at the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo.