ALTY FRINGE brings socially distanced live arts to the Altrincham Garrick Theatre this November with award winning live theatre, dance, comedy & live music all performed in a Covid-Safe venue environment.
The safety and well-being of our audiences and staff (most of whom are volunteers) is our top priority. We have introduced thorough precautions and adjustments to the way we work, so that we were able to stage the live series confidently, comfortably and safely for everyone.
Here’s everything you need to know about the measures we’ve introduced:
Planning Your Visit -
* As with our own team, we remind you to stay at home if you have a cough, cold, are feeling unwell or are showing any of the coronavirus symptoms listed by the NHS, if you have you come into contact with anyone who is unwell, or if it has been less than two weeks since you have started to feel better.
* Audiences are required to wear masks in our building, so please remember to bring one with you.
* Tickets are only available in advance with prebooked ticket holders only.
* All payment transactions in-house will be contactless.
* To keep contact to a minimum, you can either print tickets at home or download them to your mobile phone to show to our Front of House staff.
* Please be aware that we will store your contact details, in case they are needed by Track and Trace in line with government guidelines.
* All shows will start at the time advertised. Please arrive no earlier than 1 hour before each show, but arrive in good time to allow us to seat you safely and in comfort. The auditorium will be open 1 hour before each advertised start time.
* The bar will be open one hour before each advertised start time, so you can sit in comfort there before going up to watch the show. There will be no intervals for any show.
In The Building -
* The theatre is operating a 2m social distancing regime for queuing and seating. This means new visible floor markings and reduced but safe capacity in the auditorium.
* Our updated seating plan limits the seats and all tickets will be allocated on the day of the event to ensure social distancing is optimised. Together with the one-way system, this means that audience members don’t have to pass by each other to get to their seats and have easy access in and out of their row.
* We’ve installed multiple hand-sanitiser stations for our audience and staff. You must use these when entering our building and you must adhere to the NHS rules on handwashing.
* All our staff and volunteers wear either face-masks or work behind protective screens, as appropriate, to protect everyone else in the building.
* Toilet access are one-in/one-out to ensure that there is plenty of room.
* We are carrying out extra deep-cleaning practices as well as our regular cleaning routines – particularly on any high contact surfaces. You can be guaranteed that when you enter the building for each performance, it is as clean as we can make it.
* We are operating a one-way system throughout the building. Entrance is up the ramp via the “Altrincham side” door. Your exit will be different to the way you came in. (Those who have difficulty using steps will be permitted to use step-free access at all times.)
* The kiosk is open for all screenings.
* The bar is open preshow. In the bar, seating is arranged to confirm to the 2m guidelines, and table service will ensure a relaxed and safe environment.
Altrincham Garrick Staff -
* All of the Garrick staff (most of whom are unpaid volunteers) have received Covid-19 specific training and are happy to help you safely in any way that we can.
* Our Front of House Manager will be on hand to address any queries during your visit, whilst Front of House staff sit in attendance in the auditorium during every show.