You can make a difference! TEDxYouth@Bath is back, inspiring the region’s young people with speakers and activities with the focus on creative solutions for life’s biggest challenges and most intractable problems. This year the public are invited too: tickets go on sale on 5 September.
The speakers will reflect on real-world issues and how we can rise to the challenges they bring.
· Frank Gardner, BBC security correspondent, shares his unique perspective on the inherent dangers of geopolitical instability
· Sarah Corbett demonstrates that activism as peaceful and gentle as her ‘craftivism’ can and does bring about positive change
Two more of our speakers know the transforming power of communication in our lives, but from very different perspectives.
· ‘Charlieimsocoollike’, originally from Bath, rose to international fame as a vlogger and now puts his energies into stimulating young people’s interest in science
· Aimee Ansari, director of Translators Without Borders, who lives and works in Greece, shows how essential it is for people in the vulnerable position of refugees or asylum seekers to understand and be understood
Another shares his compelling story of one man’s personal journey after devastating tragedy.
· Jacob Dunne was sentenced to 30 months in jail for manslaughter in 2011 but was able to turn his life around
And for a creative perspective:
· Steven Appleby, our favourite cartoonist, gives his take on his unique, witty and quirky view of life
In all, TEDxYouth@Bath brings more than 16 speakers of national or international standing to the day-long event.