The William Kennedy Piping Academy aims to bring a new dimension to the teaching and appreciation of uilleann piping through a comprehensive and immersive tutorial programme, covering all aspects of performance as well as the making and maintenance of uilleann pipes under the direction of universally respected tutors.
The course is designed for those who have a good grasp of uilleann pipes already – intermediate to advanced students only. Students should be comfortable learning by ear and ideally be able to read & write music, however this is less important. A sound recording device can be used by students in classes.
The course costs £120 and includes the following:
- ACADEMY TUITION - There will be 8 hours tuition divided into 4 x 2 hour sessions. Tutors will include Sean Potts, Mickey Dunne, 'Blackie' O'Connell, Maire Ni Ghrada, Tommy Keane, Padraic Keane, Mark Redmond, Brian McNamara, Tiarnan O Duinnchinn, Cillian Vallely, Emer Mayock, Neillidh Mulligan, Kevin Rowsome, & Diarmaid Moynihan.
- PIPE MAINTENANCE – a one-to-one session in our dedicated uilleann pipe workshop with pipemaker Eamonn Curran
- LECTURE – 'Lord Rossmore' by Dr. Sean McElwaine with Tiarnan O Duinnchinn
- PIPERS & THEIR PIPES – a live interview/Q&A with Mickey Dunne & Neillidh Mulligan
- MEET THE PIPEMAKER - a live interview with Robbie Hughes
- FESTIVAL PASS – Free entry to all ticketed concerts over the weekend
- MEALS – Dinner will be provided Friday and Saturday evening, and lunch Saturday and Sunday
Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org