There has never been anything quite like The Red Hot Chilli Pipers, from a cameo appearance at T in the Park in 2004 with The Darkness, to opening the main stage in their own right in 2014. The past 12 years has seen the Red Hot Chilli Pipers become the most famous bagpipe band on the planet..ever! Bagpipes with attitude, drums with a Scottish accent and a show that carries its own health warning.
The band's achievements have reached incredible heights with their groundbreaking fusion of traditional Scottish music and Rock/Pop Anthems which they proudly call “Bagrock”, the Red Hot
Chilli Pipers are a genuinely unique experience.
Some facts and figures about the Red Hot Chilli Pipers:
- Gold disc for over 100,000 UK sales of their first album - `Bagrock to the Masses`
- Triple platinum status for the album and DVD - `Blast Live`
- Awarded twice for `Best Live Act in Scotland`
- Over 2.5 million on Youtube of their viral cover of the Avici track `Wake me up`
- Sell out gigs and tours in USA, China, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, New Zealand and France
- Winner of the BBC prime time talent show `When will i be famous` which was presented by Graham Norton.
- A Big Hearted Scotland nomination for their charity work with major UK and international charities.
- Performances at major international events such as , BBC proms in Hyde Park, T in the Park, Wacken Open Air, The Rugby World Cup, NBC Olympic Games studio, Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Performances for many A-list showbiz, sporting stars and Royalty such as Ewan McGregor, Paul McCartney, Sir Alex Ferguson, Gary Player, The Scottish Rugby Team, Her Majesty the Queen and Samuel L Jackson
- Over 325,000 Facebook followers