This tour covers Chelsea, Kensington, Holland Park, Notting Hill Gate, St John’s Wood, Marylebone and the West End. We’re touring sites that made the ‘Sixties’ swinging and where both psychedelic and punk rock were born! See the boutiques, pubs, clubs and location that inspired hundreds of well-known lyrics. For Beatles fans, there’s Brian Epstein’s flat, Ringo’s Kings Road apartment, John and Yoko’s first home, Paul’s current home, the studio where the St Pepper’s cover was shot, Apple Office and boutique, EMI, Mason’s Yard, where the ‘Mop Tops’ played their last gif and lots more other Beatle related landmarks. YES, you do get to walk across that famed ABBEY ROAD crossing!
The tour also covers where Geldof conceived Band Aid and Live Aid, where and how the Sex Pistols was formed, the Clash’s neighbourhood, also home to Bob Marley. There are over a dozen iconic sites to please Pink Floyd fans and the same for Jimi Hendrix. We pass the homes of Freddie Mercury, Bowie, Townsend and Moon, Bolan, Jimmy Page, Macca, the Bee Gees and Clapton, to name just a few. You never know who you might see in passing! For Stones fans there’s the legendary Edith Grove apartment, several of Jagger’s houses, the ‘Sticky Fingers’ restaurant. All this plus studios, record company offices, gig sites, secluded hotels favoured by the stars, album cover locations and story, after story, after story from your informed rock guide.
· Small group on 16-seat mini-bus
· Specialist Live guide with themed music soundtrack
· Seeing parts of historic London tourists seldom see
· Over 100 significant rock and pop heritage sites
· The famed Abbey Road Crossing and Beatle’s sites including final rooftop gig site
· Music genres include rock n roll, blues, psychedelic, progressive, punk, pub rock, Brit-pop and the current scene.